№132 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 132
Help box Hi,...
How are you?
One day I would like to see you at my place very much. I live in... region. It is in the... of Belarus. The weather is mostly / usually... here in summer, but sometimes we have... and it can...
Winter is... like in the rest of the country. It often... Sometimes...
The weather in spring varies from cool in... to warm in... It's often... In autumn...
On the whole our climate is..., which means you can experience various weather in various seasons and enjoy doing various things. Do come any time you choose. Best wishes,...
Lesson A journey to the Arctic
Work in pairs. Read and decide which sentences about the Arctic and the Antarctic are true.
1. The polar regions have the coldest climate on Earth.
2. The Antarctic surrounds the North Pole.
3. The Arctic surrounds the South Pole.
4. The Arctic is colder than the Antarctic.
5. The Antarctic is a continent, buried in very deep ice.
6. The Arctic has no land mass, and lies in a sea of permanent ice.
7. No one lives in the Antarctic, except scientists in / at research stations.
8. There is rich wildlife both in the Arctic and the Antarctic with lots of species of birds and animals.
9. The Arctic is called 'The Land of the Midnight Sun', because the sun never sets there in summer.
10. The nearest land to the Arctic is Canada and Greenland.
Listen and check.