№124 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 124
4. These tools are used to collect data about the air pressure, temperature, wind speed, humidity and precipitation.
5. Computers and satellite images of air pressure are also used by meteorologists.
6. With the information from satellites and weather stations a forecast is made and a weather map is designed.
7. Today weather is predicted accurately.
Work in pairs. Correct the false sentences.
The Passive Voice
Read the sentences in the Passive Voice and answer the questions with your classmate, then check with the class.
What is the tense in each sentence? Why is the Passive Voice used? How is the Passive Voice formed?
1. The weather station was opened over 100 years ago.
2. Specific instruments, or tools, are used by meteorologists to collect information, called data.
3. For example, air pressure is measured with a barometer.
4. Then, all of the data is taken, studied, and a prediction is made.
5. I hope that one fine day weather will be predicted very accurately.
Copy the table and complete it in your exercise book.
The Passive Voice (ibe + V3)
The Present Simple Passive
The Past Simple Passive
The Future Simple Passive