№123 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 123
Do you know what these tools (= instruments) measure1? Match two parts to make up correct sentences.
1. The thermometer is used to a. with the help of an ane- measure mometer.
2. Air pressure is measured b. with a psychrometer.
3. Wind speed is measured c. the precipitation that has
4. The humidity, or moisture d. the temperature, in the air, is measured
5. A rain gauge is used to e. with a barometer, measure
Listen to the talk with the meteorologist and check your guesses.
Complete the answer to the question: Why did Mark Brown become a meteorologist?
Mark Brown became a meteorologist because weather had never... His interest in weather began when he... His first project was to build... Now he is really into... and...
Listen and say if the sentences are true or false.
1. Official weather observations began at the weather station in March of 1998.
2. The instrument shelter is made of wood and painted black.
3. The instrument shelter is used to house thermometers and humidity sensors.