№294 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 294
LESSON 8: THROUGH VISITORS' EYES
Communicative area: writing about Belarusian national character
1 Imagine you've arrived in Minsk for your first visit. What would your first impressions about the people and the country be? Discuss with your partner.
2 a) Listen to the interview and say whether these sentences are true or false.
1. Danielle Montagne came to Minsk from Syracuse, New York.
2. Her first glimpse at the city of Minsk was through the windows of her plane.
3. Danielle passed the monument to Lenin.
4. She saw very beautiful monuments - like Victory Square statue and the eternal flame.
5. Minsk was filled with an atmosphere of power and grandeur.
6. Danielle was inspired to begin taking Russian classes in order to be able to read street signs and communicate with people.
7. There is a real sense of community at MSLU that sometimes lacks at other educational institutions.
8. Danielle is sure she will continue to enjoy her time and teaching experiences in Minsk.
9. Danielle will share her impressions about Belarus with her colleagues in the United States.
b) Listen to the interview again and number the following sentences as they appeared in the text.
1. The buildings and monuments were huge.
2. When I learned that I would be teaching in Minsk, I was very excited.
3. We passed by very modern buildings - like the National Library.
4. Then I saw very beautiful monuments - like Victory Square statue and the eternal flame.