№286 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 286
LESSON 6: AGREEMENT? CONCORD!
Active grammar: using subject and verb agreement in speech
i) Listen to the following sentences and find them in the book.
• Brazilians spend all their time on beaches
• This Brazilian never spends his time on beaches.
• An Australian or a Canadian speaks English which is difficult to understand.
• Neither an American nor a Canadian is able to pronounce the word tomato as [ta'maitau]
• Either an American or a Canadian is able to pronounce the word tomato as [ta'mentsu]
• Either snake charming or walking on fire is going to amuse the kids in India.
• Neither she nor I am materialistic, although we are both American.
• A piece of salami or red hot chilly peppers are the basic ingredients for any Hungarian dish.
• Either cheese or frog legs are very popular in France.
• A Dutch and a Dane are those who love fame.
• A kilt and a horn are the Scottish national symbols
• Loud voice, along with gestures, is so typical of the Italians.
• Fried chicken, not healthy fish, is a popular dish in America.
• Every one of the English guests has left without a goodbye.
• In Holland every one has a garden full of tulips.
• The majority of the Asian population does kung fu.
• One-third of Italians are artistic.
• The number of people who treats me normally is huge but a number of people think that I can play the balalaika because I am Russian.
• - Is raw fish or wood mushrooms your favourite food?
- Neither one of them is. I am Chinese, not Japanese.
• Either Dutch student is able to teach you about tulips.
• There are many Australians who love nature. But there is one Australian who doesn't love it at all.