№270 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 270
Portugal Russia Sweden Ukraine The USA
Listen to the recording and check.
Read the text of the postcard sent from Britain and answer the questions below.
1. Are all cars that British people drive made in Germany?
2. Do all British people eat Indian curry and Turkish kebabs?
3. Do they all watch only American shows?
Discuss with your partner why this text might be true. 4 ; Match the following words with their definitions.
• often unfair or untrue beliefs or ideas of what groups of other people across the globe are like
• statements about all the members of a group that may be true in some or many situations but not true in every case
Do you think the statements in the postcard are stereotypes or generalisations? Why?
It is easy to make a generalisation out of a stereotype by saying Many people... instead of All people...