№231 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 231
With the support of many early conservationists, scientists, and other advocates, Everglades National Park was established in 1947 to conserve the natural landscape and prevent further degradation of its land, plants, and animals. On our website you can discover more about the Native Americans that existed and thrived; the Everglades' role in United States War efforts; the preservation and restoration work that continues today; and much more.
7. Though there are likely thousands of alligators in the Everglades, they remain protected because of their close resemblance to the far more endangered American crocodile.
A pair of endangered wood storks need about 440 pounds of fish during a breeding season to feed themselves and their young. Everglades National Park serves as an important nursery ground for raising their chicks.
Due to the global significance of Everglades National Park, it has been designated a Biosphere Reserve, a World Heritage Site, and a Wetland of International Importance.
8. The programmes available vary during our two seasons - "Wet Season" May - November and "Dry Season" December - April. The pleasant weather in our dry season brings with it an increase in our visitors and ranger led programmes. Some programmes are still available during our wet season. For updated information on programmes exploring the wonders of Everglades National Park through walks, talks, canoes, kayaks or bicycles, please contact the main park number directly at.
9. Private vehicle - $10.00 - good for 7 consecutive days at all entrances to the park.
Pedestrian/Cyclist - $5.00 - good for 7 consecutive days at all entrances to the park. Admits one individual when entering by foot, bicycle, or motorcycle. Individuals 16 years old and younger are admitted free of charge.
3. Work in groups. Discuss which part of the brochure the information below would go to.
- oldest national park of Europe.