№21 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 21
4. a) @ Listen to some people talking about the role of a family in society. Which speaker(s) mentions the following functions of a family?
Building the business network; creating an economic unit; giving identity; holding the society, nation and world togeth¬er; producing children; protecting its members; providing moral and social support to its members; socializing children.
b) Finish the phrases from the interviews. You don't have to use the exact words from the script.
1. There are also changes in values, economics and government policies. These changes are making ...
2. I believe today families have lost their knowledge, skills and resources ...
3. A loving mother and father in a committed marriage is ...
4. Families automatically protect each other against...
5. The people in an inner circle can be relied upon to...
c) Listen again and check. Do you agree with the statements in ex. 4b?
5. a) Take a minute to think how you would answer the following interview questions: What is the role of a family? Why is family important?
b) Role-play the street interview. Have the interview recorded.
LESSON 7: FAMILY GLUE
I Communicative area: talking about family traditions and special events; sharing information, guessing
1. a) Read the joke below. Did you get the humour?
My family has no traditions. We just do the same thing, over and over again, each year.