№192 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 192
7. Who was the author of sci-fi short stories "The Edge of Tomorrow" and "I, Robot"?
A. Ray Bradbury B. John Ronald C. Isaac Asimov
Compare your answers with your partner.
@ Listen to two people talking about famous people who have Belarusian ancestors. Check your answers to the quiz in exercise 1.
Your ANCESTORS are your relatives who lived before you, for example, your grandparents or great grandparents.
@ Listen to the conversation again. Match the facts from the list with the people who the two girls speak about.
Louis B. Mayer Michael Douglas
Marc Chagall Isaac Asimov Harrison Ford
Sukhoi Larry King
1. He was born in Belarus.
2. He was on the border of Belarus and Russia.
3. His ancestors were from Belarus.
4. He constructed one of the best military airplanes in the world.
5. He founded a film studio in Hollywood.
6. His father was a famous actor.
7. He worked as a carpenter when his acting career wasn't very successful.
8. He said he had "more stars than there are in the heavens".
9. His work influenced lot of science fiction films.