№168 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 168
2. If you visit a Japanese house it's ... to look in the kitchen.
3. On Christmas Eve witches and ghosts come out of their home. It's ... that they are looking for brooms to ride.
4. If you've been invited to somebody's home in Brazil it's ... to take a present with you. It's ... to send a thank-you note the next day.
5. It is ... to decorate a Christmas tree with an artificial spider and webs. It is believed that a spider web found on Christmas morning brings good luck.
6. It's ... to present an even number of flowers.
d) Work in pairs. Which customs from the radio programme do we have in Belarus? Which customs are unusual for our country?
3 Think about Belarus. When we are visiting somebody's house in Belarus, what customs do we follow? important arrive on time. necessary bring flowers/a present with unnecessary you. polite take your shoes off when impolite you enter the house. It's rude to eat everything you are given. risky eat with your hands/a knife normal and fork, talk with a full mouth, leave very late at night, decorate your house with... You are going to take part in "Fantastic Facts" show and speak about Belarus and its customs during different festivals. Here are some ideas to help you. Choose one and prepare your story. Use structures from ex. 3 if possible.
• Easter traditions: Easter cake, egg-painting, egg cracking.
• Kupalle (Midsummer Night): bonfire, jumping over the fire, paparats-kvetka (fern flower).
• Maslenitsa (Shrovetide): pancakes, burning Shrovetide in the bonfire, games, horseback rides.