№15 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 15
logical father decreases the ... of smoking, drinking, drug ad¬diction, and criminal behaviour by approximately 5.3 %.
With a parent losing his job or getting her hours cut, money has to go to the ... of life. For teens, ... are not the gas bill or the mortgage, it's the latest version of Nintendo's Wii or the new¬est iPhone.
Before I started writing this article I read many articles on the prevention of drinking and most of them based on .... Such as: "Ban drinking alcohol!" At the same time ... is always an intro¬duction to the conflict, and conflict with parents increases the risk of any form of addiction.
Giving advice to a teenager is very easy; getting a teenager to take that... is another matter altogether. It's not only a case of the advice 'falling on deaf ears', sometimes the teenager seems to go deliberately out of their way to do the exact oppo¬site, that's when you know you've got a problem.
Which article would you like to read? Why?
Complete the sentences below with the modal verbs must / mustn't, should (ought to) or have to / don't have to.
1. You ... study more if you want to pass this exam.
2. If you leave now, you ... arrive there by six o'clock.
3. You ... have a ticket to ride in a bus.
4. You ... move any paper on my desk.
5. I really ... work harder.
6. Children ... obey their parents.
7. You ... quit smoking now that you are expecting a baby.
8. It... be at least five weeks since we last met.
9. You ... be rich to be happy.
10. A good secretary ... speak at least one foreign language.
Discuss the questions below in pairs.
1. Which of the modal verbs would you use to give a piece of advice or your personal opinion?
2. Which of them should be used for a strong recommendation coming from the authority, like a doctor talking to a patient or a teacher to a student?