№13 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 13
7. Lilia finds the most rewarding the fact that
a) many of the SOS children come back to work in their organ¬isation when they grow up.
b) many of the SOS children having different backgrounds grow to become happy independent adults.
c) not every story has a happy end.
4. a) Fill in the questions below with the missing words from the interview. The first letter is given.
Why is growing up in a family important for a... chil¬dren? Have you heard of any other organizations that help people in need and p... the rights of the children? How can the government solve the problem of a... addiction among children and adults? What kind of help would be most useful for a d... family? What can you do if you see a n... child in the street?
b) Work in small groups to discuss the questions above.
5 Work in small groups. Which of the quotations below refer to the problem discussed in the lesson?
1. Having children makes one no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist. - Michael Levine
2. The fate of a child is in the hands of his parents. - Shinichi Suzuki
3. I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. - Dan Wilcox
4. Those that help a child help humanity - Unknown
LESSON 4: HOW MODALS FUNCTION
| Communicative area: analysing
Active vocabulary: obligation, probability, necessity, prohibition, function
Grammar revision: must, have to, should, ought to (functions)